This is an optional assignment that provides you with an opportunity to reflect on your study and understanding of the material covered on Exam I. Satisfactory completion of this assignment will result in you being awarded 80% of the points allotted for each question reviewed (two questions maximum). Exam wrappers must be submitted within two weeks of the exam being returned to you.
Part I. Reflection.
1. Approximately how much time did you spend preparing for this exam? What percentage of this time was spent reviewing each week vs. what percentage of your study time was in the week leading up to the exam?
2. What specific activities did you engage in to learn this course material: reviewing PP slides, reviewing class notes, integrating slides and notes, background reading, practicing applying the material, studying with classmates, other? Approximately what percentage of your study time was spent on each type of activity?
3. After looking over your exam, estimate the percentage of points lost due to each of the following: not knowing foundational content, lack of understanding of a concept, not knowing how to approach the question, struggling to apply information/skills to a new problem, careless mistakes, other?
4. Based on your responses to the questions above, identify at least one thing you plan to do differently in preparing for the next exam.
Part II. Identify one or two exam questions for which you received a deduction of 3 or more points per question. For each question chosen, address the following:
1. What is the question asking? Reframe the question in your own words.
2. Where would you have acquired the information/skills needed to answer this question correctly (PP slides, lecture, discussion, or small group work in class, readings, practice problems, other)?